Sunday 11 June 2017

The Girl In The Ice (Detective Erika Foster #1)

by 




DCI Erica Foster has got my attention!
I must say, as much as I love thrillers, I rarely find them satisfactory up to 100%. They are either too far fetched and not that believable, or too gruesome, too patchy or boringly detailed, the main character tends to be some kind of super hero, yet if he/she goes the other way, it feels again match made in bad statistics office, cause you struggle to see how one person can have mismatching qualities, contradicting each other.... You want it to have some kind of human story, real life things, feelings that you can relate to, yet if it trails off to the sappy side, it loses its appeal and goes to the shelf with chick lit...
Am I hard to please? Maybe, though I don't think so.
Anyway, on this occasion, I have to say, I give my full 100% to this book!

Robert Bryndza created a great character, DCI Erica Foster. She is not a perfect superwoman, but she has a strong personality.
I will not go into retelling the story, as I'm sure it has been done many times in the two thousand and odd reviews on Goodreads.
But I want to say that I will definitely be following this series!
It has all the right things in it: great leading character, interesting supporting characters, well twisted story, and a good bit of reality mix.

Does the bad guy always get caught? But what if he is smart and privileged? Can money buy justice? Can one person keep fighting and go on against powerful people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, hello! Book lovers and Coffee lovers are very welcome! This is a blog where I am writing about books that I have read and share some...